New Jobs and Investment
New jobs will benefit the community and Tesco always tries to employ local people first.
Working in partnership with local organisations and Jobcentre Plus, we will target local people who have been unemployed for at least six months, including those with low levels of numeracy and literacy skills and people with disabilities.
The proposed store will bring around 350 full and part-time jobs which offer:
- Leading rates of pay and benefits in the retail industry
- Flexible working patterns that seek to accommodate staff members of all ages
- High quality training programmes and great career prospects
To find out more about working for Tesco visit
Many more people will be employed through the construction of the new store and car park and in the other shop units provided.
The store will help deliver significant regeneration benefits for Hounslow. It will:
- Bring £20 million of investment to Hounslow Town Centre and boost the local economy
- Attract more people to the area by creating a focal point for the eastern end of the town centre and improving its appearance
- Assist Hounslow Council's plans for the regeneration of Hounslow Town Centre